Hello, and welcome…
Rick’s Daily Tips Tech Update for Monday, November 1, 2021.
Topics covered in this issue…
• Enable Two-Factor Authentication on your Google Account
• Why ‘bigger is better’ when shopping for a smartphone
• Review: CyberPower PR1500LCD Smart App 1500VA/1500W Sinewave UPS
• How to get a copy of your credit report for free
• Info about my photo / file recovery service
Express VPN is the VPN that just works. We’re the #1 trusted leader.
Have something you’d like to tell thousands of awesome subscribers?
Welcome, new subscribers….
You can make sure these updates keep landing in your Inbox by adding my email address to your Address Book or Contacts List. Click here for instructions.
Did someone forward this newsletter to you? Click here to subscribe.
I have a brand new newsletter for just bloggers. It’s called Pro Blogger Academy, and every issue features one awesome article to help you grow, maintain and profit from a professional quality blog. Click here to check it out.
Today’s Quick Tip….
Enable Two-Factor Authentication on your Google Account
Without a doubt, Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is one of the most effective security measures you can enable on any online account, and for many folks their Google accounts are among the most important of all their accounts.
In a nutshell, 2FA adds an extra extremely high bar a hacker must jump over in order to break into someone else’s account.
Once 2FA has been enabled on an account a hacker will need to have unfettered access to the potential victim’s mobile phone in order to successfully log into the account – even if they know the account’s password.
That’s why I always stress the importance of enabling 2FA on every account that supports it.
With the above in mind, you’ll find instructions for enabling Two-Factor Authentication on your Google account right here.
The latest from Rick’s Daily Tips…
I almost always recommend that folks buy a larger smartphone instead of a smaller one. This post explains why.
Every computer system needs to be protected by a really good battery backup/UPS device. This post is a review of one that I recently had the opportunity to test.
Every morning I post a new photo that I find inspiring, intriguing, or just plain beautiful to look at. Jumpstart your day by checking it out.
Pro blogging tip…
Rick’s Daily Tips is hosted by InMotion Hosting. Click here to find out why.
Rick’s Daily Pick…
“Windows 10 For Dummies” (#ad)
Windows 11 is now here, but that doesn’t mean Windows 10 has been relegated to the dustbin of history.
Truth be told, hundreds of millions of perfectly good PCs will still be running Windows 10 for years to come due to hardware incompatibility with Windows 11 and/or user hesitation at making the update.
If you’re one of the many folks that plan to stick with Windows 10 for a while, this awesome tutorial and reference guide can help you get the most out of it.
Today’s post from ‘My Daily Smile’…
Did you know every American is entitled to one copy of their credit report each and every year, at no cost? This post explains how to get a copy of yours.
Tech news that caught my eye…
• GrowthHackingIdea.com showcases daily, in-depth studies into how some of the world’s most successful companies used a specific tactic or strategy to quickly grow their businesses from Startup to Major Player in their industry. Sign up for our newsletter and start putting those same techniques to work for your business.
• Hi, I’m Kristine and I help bloggers reach their goals, grow their income and increase their influence by giving them the tools they need to confidently pursue their passion. Let’s get started taking your blog to the next level.
• PC PartPicker – Building your own PC and need ideas on where to get started? Explore our build guides which cover systems for a variety of use-cases and budgets.
Wondering how you can help me keep doing what I’m doing?
1 – If you’d like to help support my work, you can do so by leaving me a tip.
Every penny of your tip will go towards my blog’s web hosting and other related fees, which are substantial.
2 – You can Forward this email to a friend along with a short note of recommendation. (Just click the “Forward” button or link.)
Rest assured that anything you can do to help me keep helping folks will be greatly appreciated.
Rick’s Photo / File Recovery Service…
Do you have precious photos and/or other irreplaceable files that you’d like to recover from a non-working computer?
Chances are I’ll be able to recover them for you, even if the machine won’t turn on or start up correctly.
Have a question, comment or suggestion? Hit the Reply button and reply to this email. I love hearing what you have to say…
Thanks so much, and have an amazing day.
Your tech buddy,