It seems that laptops are getting cheaper by the day, but most of the models on the lower end of the price scale are bare-bones machines that don’t have the power for serious computing tasks.
I recently had an opportunity to check out a great laptop that perfectly bridges the gap between low-cost entry-level PCs and the more powerful and more expensive ultrabooks. It’s the HP 15-d097nr TouchSmart laptop, and I really like it.
The HP 15-d097nr TouchSmart offers plenty of power and functionality at a very affordable price. It comes with a powerful CPU, plenty of RAM, a capacious hard drive and an excellent screen and graphics adapter.
Here is a full run-down of everything that’s packed into this machine’s attractive and durable case:
- AMD Quad (4) Core A4-5000 1.5Ghz Accelerated Processor
- 8GB DDR3 System Memory
- 15.6-inch Diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit Touchscreen Display
- AMD Radeon HD 8330 Graphics
- 1TB Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart
- Super Multi DVD+/-RW Optical Drive with Double Layer Support
- HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated digital microphone
- HD Audio with Stereo Speakers
- Full-size keyboard with numeric keypad
- Touchpad supporting multi-touch gestures without on/off button
- 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi
- 10/100 Ethernet Lan (RJ-45 connector)
- Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader
- 1 USB 3.0 port
- 2 USB 2.0 ports
- Windows 8.1 / 64 bit
- Regal Purple Case with Glossy Finish
As you can see, this little jewel really has pretty much everything you need to accomplish most any task short of hard-core gaming. It boots up quickly, plays smooth, clear video, and has the power to run multiple programs at once without skipping a beat.
The only downside I can see with this PC is the lack of gigabit Ethernet support, but that’s unlikely to be a serious issue for most users since we tend to connect our laptops via Wi-Fi anyway. A big plus is the built-in optical drive, something that is becoming increasingly rare on modern laptops.
Bottom line: This is an excellent laptop that offers plenty of power and functionality at a very good price. If you’re looking for a happy medium between an inexpensive entry-level laptop and an expensive ultrabook, the 15-d097nr TouchSmart will be a great choice.